- 1 How many pages are in the Little Golden Books?
- 2 What is the most valuable Little Golden Book?
- 3 How much is a little golden book worth?
- 4 What are the 12 original golden books?
- 5 Are Golden books valuable?
- 6 What is the most valuable book?
- 7 How do you know if a book is worth money?
- 8 What books are worth money?
- 9 What are the most valuable first-edition books?
- 10 How old are Little Golden Books?
- 11 How many Little Little Golden Books are there?
- 12 What was the very first Little Golden Book?
- 13 How many golden books are there?
- 14 Are John Grisham books worth anything?
How many pages are in the Little Golden Books?
The group decided to publish twelve titles for simultaneous release in what was to be called the Little Golden Books Series. Each book would have 42 pages, 28 printed in two-color, and 14 in four-color. The books would be staple-bound.
What is the most valuable Little Golden Book?
A few facts: The eighth book in the initial Little Golden series, The Poky Little Puppy, ranks today as the best-selling children’s book of all time with over 14 million copies sold. The first price increase for Little Golden Books occurred in 1962 when they went up to 29 cents.
How much is a little golden book worth?
Little Golden Books’ value ranges from $1 to $25 Mint- condition first editions of the series that was originally published in 1942 bring the highest prices.
What are the 12 original golden books?
The first 12 books released were: Three Little Kittens, Bedtime Stories, The Alphabet A-Z, Mother Goose, Prayers for Children, The Little Red Hen, Nursery Songs, The Poky Little Puppy, The Golden Book of Fairy Tales, Baby’s Book, The Animals of Farmer Jones and This Little Piggy.
Are Golden books valuable?
Since most Little Golden Books were opened and enjoyed by readers, uncirculated books must be in pristine, mint condition and are considered rare and valuable. For instance, in the Collecting Little Golden Book’s online store, an uncirculated, 1st edition copy of Little Mommy sells for $150.
What is the most valuable book?
To date, the most expensive copy was sold for $11.6 million ($13.3 million) in 2010. The world record for the most expensive book ever sold is a science book: the Codex Leicester, which is a fancy name for what is essentially Leonardo da Vinci’s science diary. It was purchased in 1994 for $30.8 million ($53.5 million).
How do you know if a book is worth money?
The easiest way to know how much your copy of a book is worth on the open market is to check on how much similar copies are currently being offered for. Fill out this form with enough information to get a list of comparable copies. You probably don’t need to include every word of the title and author’s name.
What books are worth money?
20 Iconic Books You Probably Own That Are Now Worth A LOT Of
- The Hobbit (1937), J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (1997), J.K. Rowling.
- The Cat in the Hat (1957) Dr.
- The Hound of the Baskervilles (1902), Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Bible (1600 – 1630)
What are the most valuable first-edition books?
Most Expensive Books in the World
- A Treatise of Fruit-Trees. Original price: $3.7 million.
- Tales of Beedle the Bard. Original price: $3.98 million.
- The First Atlas. Original price: $3.9 million.
- The Northumberland Bestiary.
- Shakespeare’s First Folio.
- Bomberg Babylonian Talmud.
- The Canterbury Tales.
- The Gutenberg Bible.
How old are Little Golden Books?
Little Golden Books launched in 1942 at 25 cents each, democratising reading for young Americans. At that time, children’s books normally sold for $2–$3 and were a luxury for many families.
How many Little Little Golden Books are there?
a Little Little Golden Book ( 68 books )
What was the very first Little Golden Book?
The first Little Golden Books were published in September 1942 with memorable titles such as “ Three Little Kittens,” “The Little Red Hen” and “The Alphabet from A to Z.”
How many golden books are there?
867 of them, EDIT: Now 1144 Titles! Little Golden Books, doncha just love them? So many millions of people have these books included in their childhood memories, and because of that most of us buy our own children these great books.
Are John Grisham books worth anything?
Rare book collectors, take note. A first-edition copy of best-selling author John Grisham’s first book is worth more than $4,000 in very good condition, but you’ll be hard-pressed to find one.